Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Summer is right around the corner

Summer is right around the corner and it is time to think about those summer items you might need. I am here to offer some suggestions and tell you about some things that I am thinking about. We spend a lot of our summer weekends at the lake so most of my thoughts will be focused around the water and boating!


1. Sun Hats
What a perfect thing for the boat and keeping the sun off of those little faces. The hats come in the following colors: Light Blue, Light Pink, Light Purple, Navy, Red and White

I even have a cute star font that a name could be done in or any of the other fonts would look great too!
2. Towels

I haven't found the towels I like yet, but when I do I will post a picture. I am picky about my beach towels (I want a large towel that is decently thick). I am thinking of trimming the towels with ribbon or cute fabric and then I might add a monogram or name. I am getting so excited about this towel in my head I will definitely be sporting one at the lake this summer!

3. Totes

Such a perfect thing for boating! When we go out on the boat we stay awhile so I know I need to pack things for Emma to take on the boat and of course my items also. These totes come in so many colors I didn't want to list them all, but if you have a color you are looking for let me know and I will check to see if I can get it. I am thinking a monogram on this tote.




4. Pillowcase dresses

What little girl wouldn't look absolutely adorable sporting her summer tan in a pillowcase dress? I am thinking about cooking up a 4th of July theme dress for Emma to show off. Click on the pillowcase dress label to see some of the dresses that I have done before, but be on the lookout later this week, I am currently working on some dresses.

If you already are interested in some of these products or have something else in your head that would be good for summer let me know. I am ready to get started on summer items...don't wait until the last minute.


YOU SHOP...I SEW...Some good buys I found lately!

Gymboree-They are having a good sale right now...most things 50-60% off. I bought the below dress and plan on putting Emma's name in yellow on the front. Also bought another dress but I can't find it online.

Strasberg Children's Clothing

Strasberg still has some good deals if you can make it to an actual store. The clearance online isn't that great but if you can find a store, they have some CHEAP Christmas outfits that could be monogrammed. It is good to check this store's clearance rank fairly often as they mark down a lot. I really wanted to get Emma a Christmas dress but they were already out of her size. This is a good sale of boys and girls clothing. At the other two stores I don't find a lot of things for boys because most of their items already have something printed on them.


Children's Place
They have a good sale going on right now also. Take an additional 25% off already reduced items. Online and in store. I looked online and I would probably pick these...

Those basic tees would look cute with a design on them and the the orange dress...a good game day dress daddy can put Emma in (with a monogram, of course)!

No comments: